COVID-19 UPDATE as of May 29,2020
Governor Cuomo announced today Friday, May 29, 2020 that five upstate regions - Central New York, Finger Lakes, Mohawk Valley, North Country, and Southern Tier - are all entering Phase II of reopening during the COVID-19 pandemic. This reopening includes ALL of our offices.
Bassin & Hession Orthodontics will be open as of Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
Over the past few months while our offices were temporarily closed, we have worked hard to stay up to date with all of the latest developments to ensure continued safety for our patients and staff. We have participated in educational webinars, collaborated with colleagues, and launched renovations. We have altered our treatment areas and expanded our PPE inventory. We have participated in extensive training by experts in infection control, CDC guidelines, universal precautions and social distancing.
While many things have changed throughout our office, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to our patients safety. As you see these changes and experience new protocols & guidelines, we want you to know that we have your family's safety and well-being foremost in mind.
Dr. Dan Bassin, Dr. Tim Hession and the team at Bassin & Hession Orthodontics want to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding with rescheduling appointments, in restricting entry to the clinic for non-patients, as well as other measures mandated by the American Dental Association and the Centers for Disease Control.
Our Scheduling Coordinators will be contacting all of those patients who have missed their appointments during our mandated COVID-19 closure. Please be sure to inform them of any updates regarding your insurance, email address and phone number.
We are now able to offer certain services through virtual appointments. Preliminary exams and new patient consultations, growth and tooth eruption monitoring on young observation patients, Invisalign aligner progress appointments, retainer checks, and appointments to asses & monitor appliances are all available virtually from the convenience of your home. Let our Scheduling Coordinators know if you are interested in scheduling a virtual appointment.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Brush your teeth at home - our tooth brushing stations are currently closed in order to eliminate transfer of bacteria or viruses. We will be checking your dental hygiene and if it is not acceptable, we will have to reschedule your appointment.
- Wear a mask, bandana or scarf to your appointment. It will need to remain as a face covering throughout your visit EXCEPT during your treatment.
- Please do not take any Tylenol, Advil, Motrin, Aleve or fever-reducing medication before arriving. We will be checking your temperature with a forehead scanning thermometer and documenting it in your chart. Anyone with a fever of 100.4° or higher will have their appointment rescheduled.
- If you feel poorly the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule.
WHAT TO DO ONCE YOU ARRIVE
- Call our office to notify us of your arrival. Please stay in your vehicle. Let us know where you are parked and the color of your vehicle.
- We will assign you a number. When we are ready for your appointment, our Concierge will come to the door to meet you. She will have a number displayed to alert you that we are ready.
- Our Concierge will ask for your release to treat in the era of COVID-19 forms. You can find these documents right here on our website under Patient Forms on the Our Office tab. Please print and complete both the Informed Consent and Health Questionnaire forms and bring them with you. If you do not bring them to your appointment, we can provide them. A parent or guardian will need to come to the entry triage station to sign one for all minors. (Remember parents/guardians that a mask/bandana must be worn to the entry triage station).
- The Concierge will escort the patient to the entry triage station where hand sanitizer will be administered, and their temperature will be taken & recorded.
- We ask that the patient proceed to the clinic unaccompanied by a family member/driver, except under special circumstances.**
**Note: We ask that the parent/family member/driver remain in the car to minimized the number of people in the office. This will assist us in meeting our social distancing and infection control requirements. Should a parent/family member/driver need to accompany a child into the office, their temperature will be taken & recorded, and a list of COVID-19 health related questions will be asked.
We have always loved inviting parents into our treatment areas, but at this time parents cannot enter into the clinic until further restrictions are lifted.
WHAT TO DO ONCE YOUR APPOINTMENT IS COMPLETE
- Your orthodontic technician will share information about the completed appointment with the Concierge
- The Concierge will update the parent/family member/driver on the procedures performed. They will provide you with the patient's next scheduled appointment.
- The Concierge will make sure that the patient returns back to the right vehicle.
We will continue to update you here on our website as well as our social media sites, so please follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Above all, stay safe & HEALTHY so we can all come out of this together in one piece. Please remember, if you have what you feel is a TRUE emergency, we can be reached at 315-264-3739.
Dr. Timothy Hession
Dr. Daniel T. Bassin
Bassin & Hession Orthodontics
737 Stone Street
Oneida, NY 13421
Phone: (315) 363-2480